Other textile applications
Considering that most non-electrically conductive (ie. dielectric) substrates containing water can be dried quickly, uniformly, efficiently and with optimal quality results by means radio frequency, during the years Stalam has developed and supplied specific drying equipment suitable to process a wide range of textile, technical-textile and related products.
- the drying of bleached hydrophilic cotton fibres for medical, sanitary and cosmetic use
- the drying of raw or processed / dyed hemp, flax, ramie, coir, jute and sisal fibres
- the drying of wet-spun linen yarns on spools, either off-line on suitable pin trays or in-line with the spinning frame
- the low temperature drying of raw silk hanks after the wetting / oiling process, before twisting
- the drying of silk cocoons and silk wastes after carbonising
- the drying of dyed elastic bands, narrow fabrics, lace, strings, cords, etc.
- the drying of dyed garments, sweaters, sport socks, leather items, etc. specifically when the tumbling effect is not desired
- the drying of woollen felts for clothing or industrial use, after impregnation, in the form of sheets and disks
- the drying of washed and hydroextracted thread waste and rags
- the drying and pre-heating of defective or waste synthetic fibres (mainly PA, PES, PP) after washing, to be recycled in pellet form, off-line or in-line with the extrusion equipment
- the drying of short-cut, high-porosity reinforcement fibres (cellulose, aramide, glass, etc.)
Test your product in our R&D lab!
The Stalam testing lab is an integral part of our R&D and engineering departments. Through testing and analysis of the results, our experts can study in details the characteristics and behaviour of a product submitted to the Radio Frequency field, thus assessing the technical and economic feasibility of drying and thermal processes on specific substrates, based on customers’ requirements. In the same way, our engineers can identify the best process parameters and the technical specifications of the most suitable RF equipment to perform such processes.
Stalam’s R&D lab is equipped with a wide range of pilot machines available for product testing and demos. Such tests and demos can be performed in our headquarters or at our customers’ facilities as appropriate. Some of these machines are also available for rental for product and process development purposes or systematic testing sessions.
Our highly qualified technical team will assist customers to develop better, more profitable and innovative process solutions.